Monday, April 24, 2006

The Breton Undertaking (The Escape)

So Plynkes and Sickly fled, and made their way to the rendevous. Enough intelligence had been gathered to persuade the Admiralty to act. Unfortunately, the French weren't so keen to let them go, and the epsiode ended with a swift sea-fight.


Just as they were sitting down to enjoy some of Preserved Killick's delicious cheese on toast, too! I'll say one thing for that fellow Linois, he's a damn persistant blighter! But thanks to those Hearts of Oak, the Jolly Jack Tars, we came away safe.
Thus ends the report on the trip to Bretagne.
Commander C.S. Plynkes and Sickly Eldritch Esq., HMS Befuddled, The Brest Blockade, Near France. April 1813.
*
Les Cartes Postales
Well, being a fan of postcards, I bought a whole bunch, and would have sent scores of them all around the globe to my various chums, acquaintances, and sworn enemies, too. But I left out of my accounting the fact that I'm a lazy dog, and a low-down good-for-nothing waister. Also I don't know the addresses of half the people I'd like to send to, and don't much want to send cards to those I have the addresses of.
So here's the thing: If you know me, either in real life (whatever that is), or on TMP, then chances are that I might have sent you a card, if I wasn't so idle. So just pick the one you like best from the options below, and that's probably the one you would have got.
So whether you be from Mother London; Scottish Texas; deepest Pennsylvania; (Everything's better in..) Maryland; the wild untamed Marches of Wales; the Pirate Havens of New Holland; the West Midlands Balti Country; dry and dusty Luxor, Egypt; or even just the WWI Product Reviews Board; then these just may be for you:
*

*

*


*


*


*


*


*


*


*

Oh, and the text of the card would probably have gone something like this:

Having a lovely time. Got plastered on the boat. Sickly drew a gigantic winkie in the sand. Love and hugs, Plynkes.

and:

What would Guru Nanak think? Regards, Sickly.

***

No comments: